Saturday, August 14, 2010

In my life

About a half mile from my house, this road takes you to the beach. The trees are Banyans and form a canopy along the road and over the bridge that crosses the Intracoastal to the barrier island.


On my drive to work, if I take the scenic route... this is what I see... driving south, down Jupiter Island. It takes much longer to go this way but is well worth it. It is like driving through a beautiful, well manicured garden.
The rich and the famous have homes along this stretch of barrier island that curves along the mainland from Hobe Sound, where I live, to the Jupiter Inlet. Privately enveloped by walls of tall ficus shrub, you may only get a glimpse of a few houses as you slowly drive by.


Whoever lives here has a perfect spot on the Atlantic... but all the entrances are very private and secluded.
Lots of famous golfers have homes here... and the Fords, as in Motor Company... and one of the Johnsons... from Johnson & Johnson...



I catch a glimpse of the ocean, with my windows down and my camera sticking out of the window... and in the top right corner of the picture, I catch a dragonfly saying "good morning!" My sister tells me these are spirits... that is cool.

I have been told that this house is a two bedroom...
I think of having to vacuum it. LOL!
How could I not feel wonderful ? Every day is beautiful. My heart is so full. My body feels strong and healthy. My spirits are high.
Of course there is another way to look at things... there is always that...
but I can choose to look at things the way I want to. I choose HAPPY.
We all have this choice, everyday. Everyday I just keep choosing happy and so far... it is really working.
In my life and in yours, I know there is an infinity of everything through some cosmic connection to a higher self. Love, health, happiness, wealth, joy... or pain, suffering, loneliness, depression.
My song is inspired by life all around me: it wells up in me as gratitude for all I have... what God or Spirit or the Universe... has made, including my own self. I have been given a spirit of joy that carries me through whatever challenges I face.
4th Chemo Tuesday. This could be my half-way point. YEAH!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Billie











































2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yea... a screen came up so I can be a part of the blog.. hahaha I have to call Asuka everytime I turn on the TV. Love the pictures. We just took a trip in an RV (so not me, but hey... I'll try almost anything once) and it was an awesome trip. we went to Destin, stayed on the beach and it was just as beautiful as you describe. Louisiana, Missisippi and Alabama and Florida were all pretty desolate without hordes of people like I expect. Heck even the beach side bar we went to had run out of some beers. Time to make Destin a vacation spot again... Where is your next trip scheduled? Maybe we can actually coordinate. xocin

Billie said...

Beautiful post today....love the dragonfly!! as always, straight from the heart. Have I told you
today that I love you??? I'll be with you tomorrow...as every day.

Hope you are feeling great! N