Monday, September 6, 2010

Laborious Day

Saturday, Sunday til about 1 pm and all day Monday we have worked on our kitchen putting in bead board (which I had previously painted) on all the walls and around the cabinets and also replacing the trim around the windows and the edges of the new bead board, which was my task.



We are more than half way there... and good Lord above, I respect a trim carpenter.



Sunday afternoon, my grandson, Ryan came home with Charlie and spent the night. What an adorable, happy child.











Baby Ryan is rockin that bandanna in solidarity.

I have chemo tomorrow and a busy week of work after that. I will also have more tests done later in the week and then have appointments with my doctors the week after that when they decide my near fate.

Chemo is not too bad, at least not for me. I have heard of people that lose a lot of weight and get pneumonia, etc. but I am still feeling really good. For a week or so after I am really tired and achy, and my taste buds go haywire( even water tastes weird) but then I get back to normal.


And I am grateful for a day when I can't do much of anything but sit in a recliner for 5 or 6 hours. I have a project I am working on... that requires a lot of sorting and gluing, so... perfect.


I am grateful for so many thing. My husband who solemnly recommends that we do not go into a construction business together... My Mom who wants to come over 15 times a day to "See the progress" and ask 15 million questions while I am trying to figure out a miter cut... and then makes blackberry cobbler. I am grateful for my incredible family, stretched all over the world and their loving support. I am grateful for my bald head... even though I still bend over when I get out of the shower to put a towel around my head. (?) I am grateful for the maybe twenty total eyelashes I have left. There is one eyelash on the lower part of my left eye... just one... and it is hanging on for dear life, so... I put mascara on it. "Go on you single eyelash... you be proud!"

I am grateful for the guys at work. They take me and what is going on in stride and treat me normal. And they can be so sweet. It must be weird for them too.
I have so many things I am grateful for and you know... I do not feel like a victim here. Not for one minute. I haven't shed a tear over having cancer. I am waiting. What comes next?




1 comments:

Billie said...

Hey....Great new post...loved Ryan in his bandana! Girl I think you look fabolus, fabolus,fabolus!
Now I also hope you feel that way today.
Send some pictures of the kitchen in between miter cuts!! Al could help you if we were there...he did
that for years. Greek to me! Love U..:)