Thursday, September 9, 2010

Plugging along...

Chemo number five went down like a champ on Tuesday. No problems, no side effects.
Had a great day at work Wednesday with an extra 27 or so people in for training. It was a lot of fun. Most of them I had talked with on the phone and finally got to meet. Getting ready for the second day of training today (breakfast, coffee, snacks, lunch... a Party!, and then we will settle down to normal again.
Just wanted you to know I am still kickin.
PET Scan today at 4:30 with results from that in about 4 days.
Saw the most awesome sunset coming home last night... Having a life threatening disease will hardly leave your mind so when you see something so beautiful, you do take it in a bit more. You can't help but think to yourself... "Well, if this is one of the last few sunsets I will have, I am really going to take it all in." and you know, that is not a bad way to live... cause you just never know. Life is full of beauty and wonder. It is all around you, every minute. Take it all in.

1 comments:

Kara said...

We should probably all live this way, because no matter if we have a life threatening illness or not...we may not be here tomorrow... Thanks for reminding me to "take it in." Every morning, I wake up, and say "Thank you, for another day." Love you Billie....you are always on my mind.