Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday, Monday

It has been a long few of weeks. Me in and out of the hospital, Charlie with his Back surgery and me starting back on chemo. Never a dull moment around here!



Truthfully, I am fine. This new chemo was not so bad and I feel pretty normal.

Charlie on the other hand is not so great. The problem with back surgery is that once you have one its like playing Jenga with your spine. You have a bulging disc, they do a little surgery to remove the bulge and this collapses the disc causing extra pressure on the next one. Charlie has had about 5 surgeries. Afterwards, they build up scar tissue, bone spurs, calcify, bulge again etc. So he is dealing with several levels (of hell). This last surgery was minimally invasive and the removed a lot of scar tissue, bone spurs etc. But, only on one level. He will have to go back at least one more time to get any real relief from his pain. They only work on one level at a time. And it does fill like you are one of the herd. The doctors and nurses were all well qualified but everything has gotten to be rote. They don't really listen. It is easy to see. They fold their arms over their chest, they look at the ceiling or worse, close their eyes. They don't engage in what you are saying to them but just allow you the time to spit it out. They are condescending in their response. And they get paid a bunch of money. What a racket. 



But.... I am thankful. We may not be in such great shape, but we are together and that certainly helps. We try to keep each other going. When I am blue, he helps me and vice versa. So far we haven't had a day when both of us were down.

TV sucks though... just had to say it.

Thanksgiving is around the corner. It is my favorite holiday. All the food and none of the pressure of spending money you don't have to buy presents no one will really want. (Whoa... that sounded pretty Scroogey!)

I have apple butter cooking in the kitchen and the whole house smells wonderful.

So, that is the update for today.

Thank you for being there for me. I appreciate you so much. Your comments and prayers and love and hugs get me through each day with more happiness than you can imagine. 

Love you


1 comments:

DittyK said...

I hope you and Charlie and your beautiful family have a marvelous Thanksgiving this year. I am so thankful this year that I got to spend 4 wonderous days with my family in Florida and got some of the best hugs I had in years.Praying for you and Charlie that your painful journey from both your surgeries will start to ebb. Hang in their guys.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
I love you so much, can you feel it??