Friday, September 30, 2011

It is all relative

While waiting for my chemo appointment the other day, I noticed a woman behind the desk. She was talking with her co-workers and my ear perked up because she was hard to understand.

"Is she deaf" I wondered, but no, she wasn't hard of hearing.

The co-workers were able to understand her pretty well so she'd apparently been there a while. I was struggling to make out what she was talking about and then I caught on. She was talking about not being able to eat anything... but having to drink all food through a straw. She'd had cancer and they had to remove her tongue.

Now pause right here and let that soak in for a minute.


Now, I don't know about you but that is some sobering shit right there. It is down right harsh. But there she was, working and volunteering to help patients at the cancer center.

Oh I count my millions of blessings everyday. I have my own situation to deal with but I am fortunate in so many ways. We all are.
So, the next time you think, "Poor Billie" remember this woman. I know I will.

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

well that sure enough is some sobering shit! Thanks for sharing. I swear I have NOTHING to complain about except maybe not getting some of those cinnamon rolls. Love you Billie Claire.

DittyK said...

You could never be Poor Billie....You have too many people that love you. You are so Rich in so many ways. Not everyone is so lucky to be loved by so many people. You are so much like your daddy!!