Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday's Off

I suppose that after following my doctors advise on everything else, when he says to slow down and take it easy.. I gotta listen. Thankfully, I work in a pretty awesome place that is allowing me to take off on Monday's for an indefinite period of time. (Til I have a head full of hair. )
It is a good thing, just never anything I have ever done. I have always, always worked and let me tell you something, daytime T.V. sucks!  So I made a cake.... and practiced making flowers and leaves with icing.

Baby Ryan, all 2.5 years of him, spent the night with me and Hubbie, aka, Mimi and Pops, on Saturday. He is too cute for words. He has a new Spiderman toothbrush that flashes red for a minute. The idea is to get them to brush the whole time it flashes. It worked like a charm.




 
Here I am hovering....


He likes to knock on the door to Granny's house (Mom lives in my backyard).



Then, he runs back on the patio so she can see him through the window.


He ate a big dinner, played etc., and went to bed without a struggle. I checked on him a few minutes later and he was still wide eyed, but resting and quiet so I left him alone. Hubbie checked on him about 10 minutes later and called me from the hallway, "Billie, where is Ryan? He is not in his bed!"
I was off the couch and down the hall in a nano second,
opened the bathroom door and there he sat, on the toilet, taking a poop.
I swallowed my heart and hugged him on the pot, asking if he was okay..

"Mimi! What happened to your hair??" 
(Opppps, I forgot the scarf that I normally have on in my haste.)

"It all fell out honey, but it is growing back." He rubbed my fuzzy head.

"Are you still Mimi?"
"Yes, angel, I will always be Mimi."
"Okay."

I'd been afraid to show my grandkids my lovely bald head, but in less than a minute, it was revealed, accepted and dismissed.



Sweet dreams, Ryan. I love you.

2 comments:

joni said...

Don't you just love being a Mimi?! I love being a nana. We kept Emily (our 1 year old grandbaby) the last 2 nights and enjoyed her so much. Ryan is percious.

Billie said...

Dear Joni,
I absolutely LOVE being a Mimi. We have three grandchildren very nearby and it is wonderful to spend time with them all and espcially individually. I wish you and I were closer.
Mimi would love to hang out with Nana!! I am sure you are a wonderful grandmother.
Love you,
Billie