Thursday, February 3, 2011

Amazing world

We live in an amazing world. I am stunned by a million things on a daily basis. Just this computer alone has me shaking my head this morning with what it is capable of showing me.
 This is the Rubbish Hotel in Madrid. It is built entirely from several tonnes of rubbish collected from the beaches in the area. It makes quite a statement, doesn't it? You may not want to be a guest.... and it was only built as a temporary monument to what is dumped into the ocean.







 This is an exhibit in Tokyo. It is a huge room filled with white feathers and fans that cause them to blow like snow fall. There is a video http://vimeo.com/14609322 and it is incredibly beautiful.










 I LOVE THIS! It is a tent that is part of a hotel in Grand Bahamas, with all the amenities.(I want one)










Hand crafted, 3D, hummingbird, made from layers of paper...





Some days, I am awed by this planet.
This day, my youngest son, John, turns 29. He is truly awesome.

1 comments:

nena said...

I remember when you had John Mom was appalled at you because two days later you were back out and in HIGH HEELS! She obviously doesn't connect with our Indian heritage! LOL!! Happy Birthday John....29 years...OMG!!