Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mom


My Mom is a gardener. We have a large yard and it has been encircled by brick edged flower beds. Both of our houses are also encircled with brick edged flower beds... as is the pumphouse... as is the driveway.
She just likes it.
She will work until shes all red in the face and soaking wet and laugh about it.
She reminds me of a lot of other women I have admired and loved.
She can be the stubbornedest person on the planet.
She loves my dog. 








My Hubbie can do anything. He's crafty but you have to keep an eye on him...he previously built us a very large "Kitty Condo" out of plywood and scrap carpet. It weighed about 400 lbs and I ran into it everythime I went to the bathroom at night. It took me about 6 months to get it to the curb and even then I think I hurt his feelings.


He also built a ramp about 20' long up to our back porch for Chloe, our granddaughter-dog.
Chloe isn't as spry as she used to be and has trouble just getting up three steps.
Now that is just plain sweet I don't care who you are.

My Mom loves a crafty man.


My Mom gets you to do something for her in a way that is almost provacative.
She will say "Charlie, can you tell me how to move my bowling balls to the attic?"

The next thing you know, you're toting bowling balls to the attic.

Okay, the bowling balls are just an example, but you know what I mean.



She likes her independence and its good that she can be here and have her own place.
 (And have Charlie to do her bidding. )




We are similar in ways and complete opposites in other ways.



My house is pretty much a zoo most of the time.
Mom has always kept house like most people keep museums.
She doesn't like to cook with other people in her kitchen, I usually have a crowd.
She prefers to follow a recipe, I like to throw it all together.
My glass is always half full, hers is half empty and knocked over and making a big mess.


There are definitely moments when I am overwhelmed with love for her and then there are other times
when I want to send her to the moon.
That is just the way it is.
I love my Mom.


1 comments:

DittyK said...

Very touching and sweet BC, She is truly a very special person!! She is loved by a lot of people