Thursday, February 10, 2011

A scary place

I know you guys listen to me babble on and on about being positive and loving life and get you get sick of it. I would. (I don't say Namaste and don't really know what it means)

Truth is, I find it pretty freaking scary out there in the world too. It is why I work to stay positive and not let any of that negativity into my head. There are crazy things that happen everyday in each of our lives. There are tons of things that we must endure that make us feel like our hearts will just break into.
Life's lessons don't come too cheap.

One of my oldest and dearest girlfriends lost her Mom the other night and I know as my girlfriend deals with all of this, her heart is aching. Mine too. Her mom was like a Mom to me. She was like a Mom to everybody, and everybody called her Mimi.

Now, that is what my Grandchildren call me.  My daughter-in-law, Kara, suggested it for my grandmother name and I instantly loved it for a wonderful reason. Hearing my G-kids call me "Mimi" is the sweetest music to my soul.

I feel like I have lost several of my mothers through my close friends losing theirs. Sometimes I think we just have to allow ourselves a time to feel sad and let some heartache out... and then... work on it.

So today I am going to allow myself a seat on the pity chair and feel selfishly sad for this planet losing such a sweet soul.
And then I am going to think of all the times she enriched my general well being and realize that she is still with me in so many memories.
And then, I am going to think of those old memories and fill my self with her sweetness.
And then, I will feel better.

I will enjoy my wonderful thoughts and I will feel better.

You can join me if you want by remembering some sweet person you love that has passed away and let some of it out of your heart a little bit. Let some sadness sweep through you and allow yourself a moment or two. Then begin to think of sweet memories and feel yourself happy again.

The opposite of birth is death.

There is no opposite of life. Life is eternal.


For Mary


Namaste, y'all





1 comments:

DittyK said...

Sorry for your loss Billie, but what oh sweet memories you will have to console you. We have a lot of special people to remember and our memories are the jewels of our hearts and eyes. Love you