Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Looking up



The thing about eyebrows... is that when they are missing, and you need to sort of sketch them in with an eyebrow pencil... which I normally do anyway cause mine have some scars and are pretty thin, but... the thing is, you look at your self everyday, particularly at your eyebrows... but when they aren't there, damned if you can remember what they look like! Where do they start, where do they end and where is that arch supposed to be??? It is all erased from memory.

So, I can create any shape I want... I can look like the old Brook Shields bushy eye brows..


Or a thin Greta Garbo line...




I have also discovered that I can appear surprised! or angry.. or like the Palm Beach set whose face lifts have arranged their eyebrows a few inches higher than normal...and I do it all with an eye brow pencil.

There are good points about having a lack of hair. I have a 36" inseam and I haven't had to shave my legs in a long time! If you come for dinner and there is a hair in the soup... it isn't mine! I haven't bought shampoo or conditioner or hair color in months. I haven't gone to the beauty salon either. Think of the savings!
Well, it will all come back soon. This time I really think I have had my last chemo but will find out for sure, hopefully on Thursday.
I had to stop chemo for a month before surgery and about another month after before they started the chemo again and my hair was growing back very quickly. Salt and Pepper. But when I started back with the chemo, my hair hurt. (I know, but it does! Sort of feels like when you have had a pony tail too tight and then let your hair down.) I knew it was going to go again. But, the dark hair on my head is what I lost quickly so now I have mostly white fuzz. If I wet my hands and sort of push it towards the middle of my head, I look like the Gerber baby...



















50 years later!



LOL! So there is an image for you for the day! 
Keep your sense of humor at all times.

1 comments:

Lynn said...

I think you ought to draw them on upside down. That would really get them talking!!!