Saturday, December 4, 2010

Woooooohoooooo!


I feel like a million bucks!








I have 2.5 lbs of butter, about 2 dozen eggs, 2 quarts of heavy cream, a quart of half and half, a large variety of really good chocolate, candied fruits, bourbon, rum, assorted nuts, 10lbs of sugar, 10 lbs of flour, a new bundt pan and everyone coming over for Christmas dinner. I just don't know where to begin! Think I'll have another cup of coffee and dive in. (sorry the pic is not so hot... my camera phone only does so much...)


Seriously, this has been the easiest round so far. A few side effects, nothing I can't deal with...

It is a gorgeous day. I love South Florida Winters!! The high today is going to be around 72 and the low tonight will be about 48 which is COLD to us... so we can have a big fire, on the patio and inside!! Probably with the windows open. (we are not above building a fire and turning the air conditioning on!)

I am thankful. It has been a challenging year. I am ready to say good bye to 2010 and welcome 2011 with open arms.
My daughter in law, Kara, and my two oldest grand children, Griffin, who is 11 and Alana who's 7, moved away in the Spring to rejoin their husband/daddy, who'd spent a long time in Afghanistan... and move to Hawaii. This was after living with me and Hubbie for almost a year. What a hole that left. Charlie and me are just overgrown kids ourselves so having them to love on and play with was beyond wonderful. What a gift the time spent with them was. Thank you, Kara.
But then they handed me a diagnosis and I was sort of glad they weren't here to go through all of this in person. Early on, I sent Niles (my oldest son and daddy of Griffin and Alana) a picture of me with my newly bald head... Hubbie had just shaved for me.
I talked to Griffin and asked if he'd seen it and his perfect comment was,
"Yeah, what the heck is that all about?!"
Gotta love the honesty of kids.


Anyway, I just wanted to holla and say that I feel great! I am as surprised as anyone... and oh so thankful.



SO now I am going to listen to Harry Conick Jr.'s Christmas music and get busy! Here is some eye candy for whoever has a sweet tooth !



Can I get an "Amen!" on that one!

2 comments:

joni said...

A great big AMEN!! Sister. That just makes me want to do the hoola!!
Cook up a storm and enjoy listening to Harry. (What are you baking??) Thinking of u. Joni

Lynn said...

Billie Clare,
Our sweet friend Joni shared your blog with me this morning. As i read the words you wrote, my eyes filled with tears. You words are inspiring, heart warming, funny, and i really enjoy reading them. You have more love in your heart than anyone I know. You are surrounded by so many people that love you. I will follow your progress on here and please know that i will always be thinking of you. Lynn