Thursday, October 14, 2010

What a difference a day makes...










Okay. The very worst part of the entire ordeal is behind us. Hoooray!!!!


Charlie was taking pictures for me and I knew he'd turn that camera on me, but I was ready with the hood!


I know I have said about 3 million times how much I LOVE my doctors and Good Samaritan Hospital... it just doesn't get any better than that! This picture (above) is from my hospital room window. That is Palm Beach across the waterway. So... all in all, I have to say... that I hope I NEVER have to go in there again or have any kind of surgery again, ever. Never, ever. LOL! Who does, right?

Everything went as planned. They popped me open and took out all sorts of stuff. Literally took everything out, that they can physically be removed and combed through me, covering every square inch looking for bad stuff hiding in there. They removed the whole baby making apparatus, a mass in my lower abdomen and the spleen and I don't know what else... stapled me shut and sent me on my way.


I was in the hospital for 5 days and on the fifth day, I got up at 3 am and began getting ready to come home. (I am moving sort of slow) I wanted to be ready when the doctors made their rounds. And you cannot sleep in a hospital anyway. When they finally came in around 2 pm, I had my bags packed and my clothes/make-up on and was ready to go so what could they do?? I had done really well, only running a slight fever for a short time... and I was ready to beg if necessary. Thankfully, they released me. I can be pretty pathetic... : D


Home. Oh my Lord, home was never better and just what I needed. I have never been more tired. My home is based almost entirely on comfort. I worked in the furniture business for several years and collected some wonderful, down and feather filled, poofy furniture that will just swallow you up and it was exactly what I needed. That and a bunch of really old, corny movies. I have hardly moved in two days. Sitting at my desk is not so comfy so... I will cut this short if you don't mind.

Can I also say right here.... that all the single ladies... ya'll can just hang it up, okay, because I have the single most awesome husband ever. Sorry.

Charlie barely left my side and gave love and support through some pretty gruesome shit. I won't go into any further details here... but trust me, he is the very best man in the Universe!

I love him so much and I would not have been able to get through it at all without him and his loving support.

My heart breaks for lonely and forgotten souls lying in their hospital beds with no one to make them laugh or get them up to walk, even if it is only 15 feet... or bring them Burger King milk shakes or the 10 ga-zillion things he did for me.


My cup runneth over.


Thank you all so much for the prayers. I really feel it all coming together.
The next step... three more rounds of chemo and more tests...

Bring it!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Billie, HONESTLY!! You make it all sound like a "walk in the park"! Our love & prayers to you from your AR relatives!

DittyK said...

Non stop thinking and prayers for you Billie Claire. I am so glad that this surgery is over for you and the healing process has begun. I know with your spunkyness, that it will all be over soon and this will all be behind you. We love you and will keep following your success in healing.. We love you so much

joni said...

Billie, I am so thankful this surgery is now behind you. It is such a blessing to have such a good husband to be a good nurse and a handsome one too! I love the picture of you and him on the end of the last post. You look pretty as ever. Love to you.

APGB said...

Billie~ You amaze me....The Derstine's love you.

tward said...

Hey Billie Claire,

You're my hero. Thank you for blessing me with your friendship and sharing your joy in spite of all the shit you've been through.
Love you.

Teresa

p.s. I really want to meet this wonderful Charlie some day. Thank you Charlie for loving our girl. As you already you're some lucky guy and Billie's one lucky girl.