Friday, October 1, 2010

Next Thursday

My surgeon is three doctors rolled into one. He is a surgeon, he is an oncologist and he is a gynecologist. That is a lot of school, can't even imagine how much time and not to mention, brains. I have another doctor, my oncologist and he has the greatest respect for my surgeon. I have yet another doctor, my family doctor whom I adore and he has the greatest respect for both of the a fore mentioned docs and he considers me to be more than a patient, but a person he genuinely cares for... I couldn't ask to be more surrounded with everything I need.
I am going to spend a couple of nights at Good Samaritan Hospital in W. Palm on the 7th. They will remove some things I totally do not need anymore and have a close look around while they are there. I am confident in having a perfect outcome.
Soon, this will all be behind us and I can get busy with the holidays around the corner. I love having tons of people gorging themselves with food at my home with twinkle lights everywhere. You're all invited!
Do me a huge favor and don't even think about coming to the hospital or sending flowers and cards. I know you are all with me and I thank you, I truly do... I have plenty of people to help and all I want to do is rest and get out of there. And put on my make up and cover up my bald head. : D Call me vain. Okay, whatever.
Instead.... send flowers to your wife or husband or aunt... send a note , by a bottle of good wine and snuggle up around a fall fire. (preferably outside, in the woods with fall leaves, mountains and marshmallows...). Smile, be happy and don't worry about it. Its all good.

4 comments:

DittyK said...

What can I say Billie C. you are remarkable,
and I love you so much

Kara said...

She is the strongest person I know.... in every way! have a learned more from her in the past 12 years than I ever did in school, in college, from friends, from work...Thank you, thank you...and I know I will continue to do so!!! Love my Mama B~

Sandy said...

You are a sweetheart and I love you Billie!
See you around Christmas time.

Cynthia said...

ok, I'm hungry and your fabulous cooking is good enough reason to make the trip south for the holidays. Not to mention all the things we have to be thankful for. xocin