Friday, July 16, 2010

Opppsss... I got behind....

Apologies for not writing sooner... my home computer has been on the fritz.
Lets see.... had another chemo session Tuesday the 6th followed by a pretty yucky week. No biggie. They're juggling meds to find something mild enough to not make me more sick and strong enough to ... not make me more sick. The practice of medicine...
The one thing I want to share is that they did some blood work, "tumor markers" that I do not have a great understanding of, but they use them to gauge how much cancer...there is. I started (and I did not know this or at least it didn't soak in) with a CA 125, which is the type of cancer I think, of 16,000. It is down to 4000. That means it is reduced already by 75%. (Thanks to my 6th grade math teacher, Mrs. Pyland) Now, normal is between 1 and 16 so I have a way to go, but that is good freaking news to me.
For the first time, I am allowing myself to think I may get through this.
I am as bald as a baby's butt. The short hair cut lasted two days and it was time for the buzz. Then Charlie bought me a little head shaver... too cool. It looks like a race car and the blade curves so it races over your head. I like it! I can't quit rubbing my head!!
We are taking my Mom to see my sister for a long weekend. Mom hasn't hardly been out of Hobe Sound since she moved here and we haven't seen Nena in a couple of years so I had the opportunity and am taking it. It will be great and I will report back soon.
I can't tell you all how much I have appreciated your comments... your prayers and your love. More than any drug, it is your love that has kept me breathing, I promise.

1 comments:

DittyK said...

Good news that your markers are being reduced so quickley, We pray for a continuance. I know your Mom will be glad to go and see Nena for a visit. Ya'll need some quality time together. Please Give Aunt B a big hug for me. You take care and enjoy your trip, Looking forward to some more good news Billie. I love you