Friday, June 18, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly...

It was a rough night. My fourth day after chemo and I had been feeling pretty darn good til Thursday afternoon... and I went down like a rock.
Everything hurt.

All I could think of was that this was how it was going to be for the next few months and I'd just had a delayed reaction.

I didn't go to work this morning and called into my Onc's office as soon as I could. When he called me back he explained that chemo works in a couple of ways... it can shrink the cancer or it can kill the cancer. When it kills the cancer, it is painful so this is good pain. It won't last for long and the chemo is apparently working.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the emails and comments. It means so much to me.

So the good is that it is working, the bad is that it hurts like a mother and the ugly... well, just be glad this isn't a video!

2 comments:

nena said...

I'm so sorry that you feel bad Billie. Wish I could take some of this for you. Was off yesterday so checked on you first thing. I'm so glad you started this blog...All of us out here are holding you in our hearts and sending you as much healing energy as we can muster. You are strong and we have been through SO much life has thrown our way..this too shall pass. I hope today is better for you and will be looking forward to hear that it is so. I love you, Nena

Teresa said...

one word - Vicodin. Get some! It's doing wonders for Martha.

Love you! Teresa